Guiltfree Bliss products are made without any white flour, without refined sugar and without butter. Note that some produits contains nut butter (almond, hazelnut or peanut butter).
As mentioned in the bibliography, the idea for these healthy baked goods started with a weight loss resolution. It was therefore essential to find healthy alternatives to those sold on the market.
In addition, the harmful effects of white flour, refined sugar, and butter on health are well known ; overweight, diabetes, hypertension, chronic cardiovascular, coronary and renal disease, metabolic disturbance, inflammation, digestion problems, dental caries, cholesterol.
Guilfree Bliss therefore advocates the fact that there is absolutely no need to deprive yourself of the finer things in life to lose weight or just to stay healthy.
In Guiltfree Bliss products (and depending on the flavors):
- White flour is replaced by: oat flour, almond flour, coconut flour and protein (whey or isolate) with vanilla.
- The sugar comes from: the fruits used in the recipes (bananas, raspberries, blueberries, apples, etc.), the icing/topping (honey, chocolate chips, maple, oreo, grated coconut, etc.) and the vanilla protein. Applicable for the brownies and cookies ONLY: note that for texture reasons, a minimal amount of coconut sugar is used, which is two teaspoons for each recipe of 6. I personally chose this sugar because it represents the healthiest alternative for me: it has a low glycemic index (so it doesn’t cause a sudden rise or fall in glycemia, which helps avoid fatigue for example), and it is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, unlike erythritol for example.
- The fat comes from: unsweetened applesauce, eggs, and nut butters/oils.
The majority of the baked goods are made with gluten-free ingredients. Only the oreo donut contains gluten.
Although we are very careful by handling gluten ingredients in a separate area, our kitchen is not officially certified gluten free.
Our baked goods are therefore only recommended for people who are gluten intolerant. They are not recommended for people with severe gluten allergies.
Products are made with vanilla protein powder from Shop Santé:
- The vanilla whey
- The vanilla isolat for the dairy free products
You can order for either Wednesday or Saturday.
- To receive your order on Wednesday, it is important to place your order on our website before every Monday noon
- To receive your order on Saturday, it is important to place your order on our website before every Thursday noon
Outside of the days mentioned above (Wednesday and Saturday), orders can be accepted under certain conditions only:
- The order must be placed 48 hours in advance of the day you wish to receive it
- The order must be 50$ minimum
- The order must be picked up at 1248 Avenue Hôtel de Ville H2X 0B2
- Saturday: pick-up is at Shop Santé Montreal, 4399 Saint Denis Street, Montreal H2J 2L2. Orders must be picked-up between 10am and 5pm.
- Anytime orders (minimum order of $50): pick-up is at 1248 Avenue Hôtel de Ville, Montreal H2X 0B2. The location is near the MVP (Sainte Catherine). After placing your order, you will be contacted to arrange a pick-up time.
Deliveries are on Saturday only, and are 8$ fees.
Deliveries are possible in the following areas: Dorval / Lachine / Lasalle / Verdun / South-West / Côte-Saint-Luc / Saint-Laurent / Westmount / Ville-Marie / Outremont / Mont-Royal / Ahuntsic-Cartierville / Villeray / Saint-Michel / Parc-Extension / Rosemont / Montreal North / Saint-Léonard / Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve / Anjou / Montreal East
Muffins can be preserved for 3-4 days in the refrigerator (and are much better when reheated for 30 seconds in the microwave or one minute in the oven). They can also be frozen in an airtight box ; simply put them in the microwave for 1 minute or leave them outside for an hour.
Donuts can be preserved for 3-4 days in the refrigerator (and are much better when re-heated as well). They can also be frozen in an airtight box ; simply put them in the microwave for 1 minute or leave them outside for an hour.
Payments can be made by credit card or by interact transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your order will be considered only when the interact transfer is received.